Khmernews

Archive for April, 2008

KR Tribunal Steps into [Financial] Predicament, the US Has No Plan to Provide Fund

Posted by khmernews on April 4, 2008

Sralanh Khmer, vol. 03, #650, Friday, March 28, 2008
By Sambo

The US ambassador to Cambodia said March 26, 2008 in Mondolkiri province that the US government has had no funding package for the process of the trial of former Khmer Rouge leaders yet. He said that both houses (the upper house and the lower house) do not give approval as there has been no request for funding for the tribunal to try former Khmer Rouge leaders. He has made the assertion while Mr. Sean Visoth is leading a delegation of the Extraordinary Chambers in the Courts of Cambodia (ECCC) to the UN. It is believed to be a part of an effort to seek fund for the continuing process of the tribunal. Read the rest of this entry »

Advertisements

Posted in Khmer Rouge Trial | Leave a Comment »

KR Tribunal’s Officials Give Different Information

Posted by khmernews on April 4, 2008

Sralanh Khmer, vol. 03, #649, Thursday, March 27, 2008
By K. Nimol

Khmer Rouge tribunal’s Spokeswoman Helen Jarvis told journalists that the 3 officials of the tribunal who left for New York earlier this week planned to answer questions during meetings about funding. However, Reach Sambath, Cambodian spokesman for the tribunal, said differently that the 3 officials would only explain diplomats about the progress of the Khmer Rouge tribunal. Read the rest of this entry »

Posted in Khmer Rouge Trial | Leave a Comment »

US Denies Plan to Fund ECCC

Posted by khmernews on April 4, 2008

Kampuchea Thmey, vol. 07, #1603, March 27, 2008
By Rithy

Phnom Penh: Despite making the compliment that the Khmer Rouge tribunal is running forward smoothly, Joseph A. Mussomeli, US ambassador to Cambodia, said that Bush’s administration does not have any plan to fund the Extraordinary Chambers in the Courts of Cambodia. Read the rest of this entry »

Posted in Khmer Rouge Trial | Leave a Comment »